SEC foes meet when the Mississippi State Bulldogs (7-4) visit the Vanderbilt Commodores (4-4) at Memorial Gymnasium (Vandy), beginning at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The Commodores are 3.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of 137.5.
Mississippi State vs Vanderbilt Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Mississippi State and Vanderbilt
Mississippi State and Vanderbilt Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Mississippi State Leaders
- D.J. Stewart leads the Bulldogs in scoring, racking up 18.8 points per game.
- The team is led in rebounding by Tolu Smith's 8.9 rebounds per game and assisting by Iverson Molinar's 3.6 assists per game .
- Molinar knocks down 2.0 threes per game to lead the Bulldogs.
- Mississippi State's blocks leader is Abdul Ado, who collects 1.8 per game. Cameron Matthews leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a game.
- Scotty Pippen Jr. has the top spot on the Commodores scoring and assist lists, tallying 22.0 points and 5.0 assists per game.
- The Commodores leading rebounder is Dylan Disu with 9.0 per game. He also scores 12.3 points per game.
- Myles Stute leads the Commodores in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.0 made threes per game.
- Vanderbilt's Pippen has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 1.6 per game and Disu is first in blocks with 1.0 per game.
Mississippi State vs Vanderbilt: Last 2 Meetings
Mississippi State has won both of its matchups with Vanderbilt. Neither team claims an advantage against the spread in those head-to-head games, with the series tied at 0-0 ATS.
Mississippi State vs Vanderbilt (Last 2 Games)
- The Bulldogs put up 74.4 points per game, 5.4 more points than the 69 the Commodores give up.
- Mississippi State has a 6-3 record overall and a 6-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 69 points.
- Vanderbilt is 1-3 against the spread and 0-4 overall when allowing more than 74.4 points.
- The Commodores score an average of 73.1 points per game, 7.5 more points than the 65.6 the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 65.6 points, Vanderbilt is 4-0 against the spread and 3-3 overall.
- Mississippi State's record is 0-2 against the spread and 0-3 overall when it allows more than 73.1 points.
- The Bulldogs have put up a total of 96 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 8.8 per game), and the Commodores have out-scored opponents by 33 points on the season (4.1 more per game).
- The Bulldogs and the Commodores rebound at around the same clip, with the teams averaging and 39.5 and 36 boards per game, respectively.
- Mississippi State is 6-2 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. Vanderbilt is 1-2 when they lose the rebounding battle.
- The Bulldogs average 13.4 offensive boards per game, more than the Commodores by 2.5 rebounds per contest.
- The Bulldogs are 5-2 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Commodores are 1-2 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Both teams tend to win the rebounding battle. The Bulldogs record an average rebounding margin of +9.6 rebounds per game, and the Commodores average a margin of +four rebounds.