The Purdue Boilermakers (7-5) are 6-point underdogs as they look to stop a four-game road losing streak when they square off against the No. 23 Michigan State Spartans (8-3) on Friday, January 8, 2021 at Breslin Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS1. The over/under in the matchup is set at 141.5.
Michigan State vs Purdue Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Michigan State and Purdue
Michigan State and Purdue Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 6+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Michigan State Leaders
- Aaron Henry leads the Spartans in points and assists. He contributes 14.0 points per game while tacking on 3.8 assists.
- Michigan State is led in rebounds by Joey Hauser's 8.5 per game.
- The Spartans are led by Gabe Brown from long distance -- he connects on 1.6 shots from downtown per game.
- Henry grabs 1.6 steals and 1.5 blocks per game, both team-high averages.
- Trevion Williams is at the top of the Boilermakers scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 14.1 points per game and 9.6 rebounds per game this season.
- The Purdue leader in assists is Eric Hunter Jr. with 3.4 assists per game.
- The Boilermakers are paced by Sasha Stefanovic from long distance -- he connects on 2.8 shots from deep per game.
- Purdue's Hunter has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Zach Edey is first in blocks with 1.0 per game.
Michigan State vs Purdue: Last 3 Meetings
Purdue leads the past three matchups 2-1 over Michigan State. The Boilermakers have a 1-0 record against the spread in those games against the Spartans.
Michigan State vs Purdue (Last 3 Games)
- The Spartans put up 10.8 more points per game (78) than the Boilermakers give up (67.2).
- Michigan State is 8-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread when scoring more than 67.2 points.
- When Purdue allows more than 78 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- The Boilermakers put up an average of 71.6 points per game, just 1.2 fewer points than the 72.8 the Spartans allow.
- Purdue has gone 5-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 72.8 points.
- Michigan State's record is 2-4 against the spread and 3-3 overall when it gives up more than 71.6 points.
- The Spartans have totaled 57 more points than their opponents this season (5.2 per game on average), and the Boilermakers have scored 52 more points than their opponents (4.4 per game).
- The Spartans and the Boilermakers rebound at around the same clip, with the teams averaging and 38.8 and 36 boards per game, respectively.
- When Michigan State earns the rebounding advantage they are 6-3 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Purdue is 0-2.
- The Spartans average 11.1 offensive boards per game, outgaining the Boilermakers by 1.1 rebounds per contest.
- The Spartans are 4-3 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Boilermakers are 2-1 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Both teams tend to win the board battle. The Spartans record an average rebounding margin of +7.4 rebounds per game, and the Boilermakers average a margin of +6.8 rebounds.