Two sliding teams hit the court when the No. 17 Michigan State Spartans (6-3) visit the Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-6) on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Cornhuskers are 8-point underdogs as they attempt to stop a three-game losing streak against the Spartans, who have lost three straight. The matchup has an over/under of 152 points.
Michigan State vs Nebraska Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Michigan State and Nebraska
Michigan State and Nebraska Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 8+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Michigan State Leaders
- The Spartans points and rebounds leader is Joey Hauser. He puts up 13.1 points per game and pulls down 8.1 rebounds.
- The team is led in assists by Aaron Henry's 4.4 per game.
- Gabe Brown makes 1.7 threes per game to lead the Spartans.
- Michigan State's steals leader is Henry, who grabs 1.7 per game. Marcus Bingham Jr. leads the team averaging 1.4 blocks a game.
- Dalano Banton has the top spot on the Cornhuskers rebounds and assists leaderboard, with 7.5 rebounds per game and 4.7 assists per game.
- Teddy Allen scores 17.7 points per game to pace Nebraska.
- Allen makes a team-high 2.1 three-pointers per game for the Cornhuskers.
- Allen leads the Spartans with 1.7 steals per game and Banton is their top shot blocker with 1.0 blocks per game.
Michigan State vs Nebraska: Last 3 Meetings
The Spartans are 3-0 against the Cornhuskers in the last three meetings between the two teams. In those matchups with the Cornhuskers, the Spartans have a 1-0 record against the spread.
Michigan State vs Nebraska (Last 3 Games)
- The Spartans average six more points per game (78.4) than the Cornhuskers give up (72.4).
- Michigan State has a 5-0 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall when putting up more than 72.4 points.
- When Nebraska allows more than 78.4 points, it is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall.
- The Cornhuskers score just 0.7 fewer points than the Spartans give up to opponents (75.4).
- Nebraska has put together a 2-0 ATS record and a 4-0 overall record in games it scores more than 75.4 points.
- Michigan State is 1-4 against the spread and 2-3 overall when it gives up more than 74.7 points.
- The Spartans have out-scored their opponents by a total of 27 points this season (three points per game on average), and the Cornhuskers have put up 23 more points than their opponents on the year (2.3 per game).
- The Spartans and the Cornhuskers rebound at around the same clip, with the teams averaging and 39.6 and 38.6 boards per game, respectively.
- The Spartans are 5-3 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Cornhuskers are 0-3 when they lose the rebounding advantage.
- The Spartans collect 11.7 offensive rebounds per game, more than the Cornhuskers by one rebound per game.
- The Spartans are 3-3 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Cornhuskers are 0-1 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- The Spartans find nightly success on the glass with an average rebounding margin of +6.5 rebounds per game, and the Cornhuskers struggle in comparison, averaging a margin of -0.9.