The No. 21 Minnesota Golden Gophers (8-1) are just 2.5-point underdogs as they attempt to continue an eight-game home win streak when they host the No. 17 Michigan State Spartans (6-2) on Monday, December 28, 2020 at Williams Arena. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on BTN. The matchup has an over/under of 152.5 points.
Michigan State vs Minnesota Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Michigan State and Minnesota
Michigan State and Minnesota Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Michigan State Leaders
- Joey Hauser leads the Spartans in scoring (14.0 points per game) and rebounding (8.6 rebounds per game).
- Michigan State's assists leader is Rocket Watts, who racks up 4.6 assists per game.
- Gabe Brown hits a team-high 1.9 three-pointers per game for the Spartans.
- The Spartans steals leader is Aaron Henry, who grabs 1.8 per game. Marcus Bingham Jr. leads the team averaging 1.6 blocks an outing.
- Marcus Carr has the top spot on the Golden Gophers scoring and assist lists, tallying 24.6 points and 6.2 assists per game.
- Liam Robbins collects all of the boards and is the Minnesota leader in rebounds, grabbing 6.6 per game.
- The 2.4 three-pointers Carr hits per game are a team-high mark for the Golden Gophers.
- The Golden Gophers leaders in steals and blocks are Jarvis Omersa (1.3 steals per game) and Robbins (2.6 blocks per game).
Michigan State vs Minnesota: Last 3 Meetings
Michigan State has taken all three of its matchups against Minnesota. In those games against the Golden Gophers, the Spartans have a 2-0 record against the spread.
Michigan State vs Minnesota (Last 3 Games)
- The Spartans score 5.3 more points per game (81.2) than the Golden Gophers allow (75.9).
- Michigan State has a 5-1 record overall and a 4-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 75.9 points.
- Minnesota is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when allowing more than 81.2 points.
- The Golden Gophers average 9.8 more points per game (84.6) than the Spartans give up to opponents (74.8).
- When it scores more than 74.8 points, Minnesota is 5-0-1 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- Michigan State's record is 1-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread when it gives up more than 84.6 points to its opponents.
- The Spartans have out-scored their opponents by a total of 52 points this season (6.4 points per game on average), and the Golden Gophers have put up 78 more points than their opponents on the year (8.7 per game).
- The Spartans and the Golden Gophers are evenly matched on the glass this season, with the teams averaging similar numbers (40.1 and 38.1 boards per game, respectively).
- The Spartans are 5-3 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Golden Gophers are 2-2-1 when they lose the battle on the glass.
- The Spartans and the Golden Gophers are evenly matched on the offensive boards this season, with the teams averaging 11.6 and 11.1 offensive rebounds per game, respectively.
- The Spartans are 3-2 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Golden Gophers are 3-1 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Michigan State finds nightly success on the glass with an average rebounding margin of +8.6 rebounds per game. Minnesota struggles in comparison averaging a margin of -2.8.