The Western Illinois Leathernecks (0-2) visit the Miami (OH) RedHawks (1-1) as 8-point favorites after Tamell Pearson went off for 22 points in the Leathernecks 79-73 loss to Central Michigan. The matchup is at 5:30 PM ET on Wednesday, December 9, 2020. The matchup's point total is 67.
Miami (OH) vs Western Illinois Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
Miami (OH) Leaders
- Dalonte Brown contributed 9.7 points per game last season while also adding 5.3 rebounds.
- Mekhi Lairy collected 2.8 assists per game.
- Isaiah Coleman-Lands had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He made 1.8 shots from deep per game.
- Coleman-Lands grabbed 0.7 steals per game. Elijah McNamara collected 0.8 blocks an outing.
Western Illinois Leaders
- Rod Johnson scored 6.4 points per game last season and added 4.5 rebounds and 1.4 assists.
- Johnson connected on 0.6 threes per game a season ago.
- Anthony Jones averaged 0.7 steals per game. Johnson collected 0.4 blocks a game.
- Last year, the 70.7 points per game the RedHawks recorded were 11.1 fewer points than the Leathernecks gave up (81.8).
- Miami (OH) finished 1-0 against the spread and 3-2 overall last season when it scored more than 81.8 points.
- Western Illinois put together a record of 6-10 against the spread and 2-18 overall last season when allowing more than 70.7 points.
- The Leathernecks scored just 2.9 more points per game last year (74.4) than the RedHawks allowed their opponents to score (71.5).
- When it scored more than 71.5 points last season, Western Illinois went 5-0 against the spread and 4-10 overall.
- Miami (OH)'s record was 4-8 against the spread and 2-11 overall when it let its opponents to score more than 74.4 points last season.
- The RedHawks had a -25-point scoring differential last season (-0.8 per game). The Leathernecks were also been out-scored by opponents on average last year (-192 total points, -7.4 per game).
- The RedHawks and the Leathernecks collected rebounds at approximately the same rate last season (32.3 and 31.6 boards per game, respectively).
- When Miami (OH) earned the rebounding advantage they were 2-3 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Western Illinois was 3-9.
- The RedHawks and the Leathernecks were evenly matched on the offensive glass last season, with the teams averaging 8.3 and 7.4 offensive boards per game, respectively.
- When the RedHawks grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 4-6 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Leathernecks were 4-7.
- Both organizations struggled to gain an advantage on the boards last season. Miami (OH) recorded an average rebounding margin of -2.8 rebounds per game, and Western Illinois averaged a margin of -3.9 rebounds.