A game after he scored 31 points in an 80-64 win over Wright State, Taevion Kinsey leads the Marshall Thundering Herd (2-0) on the road against the Charleston (SC) Cougars (1-2) on Wednesday, December 9, 2020. The Thundering Herd are favored by 3 points in the matchup, which tips off at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under is 69.5 in the matchup.
Marshall vs Charleston (SC) Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Kinsey scored 16.4 points per game last season while tacking on 4.2 assists.
- Iran Bennett collected 5.3 rebounds per game.
- Jarrod West connected on 2.2 threes per game a season ago.
- West grabbed 2.0 steals per game. Jannson Williams collected 1.6 blocks a game.
Charleston (SC) Leaders
- Zep Jasper outpaced his teammates on the Cougars scoring front by putting up 14.0 points per game. He adds 5.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game this season.
- Osinachi Smart's 7.3 rebounds per game and Brevin Galloway's 3.0 assists per game put them in the top spots on the Cougars rebounds and assists leaderboards.
- The 2.7 three-pointers Jasper knocks down per game are a team-high mark for the Cougars.
- Lorenzo Edwards is tops on Charleston (SC) in both steals (1.7) and blocks (1.0) per game.
Marshall vs Charleston (SC): Last Meeting
Marshall vs Charleston (SC) (Last 1 Games)
- Last year, the Thundering Herd recorded 7.9 more points per game (75.9) than the Cougars allowed (68).
- When Marshall totaled more than 68 points last season, it went 14-0 against the spread and 16-8 overall.
- Charleston (SC) finished with a 2-5 record against the spread and went 1-6 overall last season when allowing more than 75.9 points.
- The Cougars put up an average of 70.2 points per game last year, just 2.9 fewer points than the 73.1 the Thundering Herd gave up to opponents.
- Charleston (SC) put together an 8-0-1 ATS record and a 12-1 overall record last season in games it scored more than 73.1 points.
- Marshall went 9-7 against the spread and 7-12 overall last season when it allowed more than 70.2 points.
- The Thundering Herd scored a total of 90 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 2.8 per game), and the Cougars out-scored opponents by 67 points on the season (2.2 more per game).
- The Thundering Herd averaged 35.9 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Cougars by 6.1 boards per contest last season.
- Marshall was 9-5 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. Charleston (SC) was 10-8-1 when they lost the rebounding battle.
- The Thundering Herd collected 9.7 offensive rebounds per game, more than the Cougars by 2.9 rebounds per game last season.
- The Thundering Herd were 5-5 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Cougars were 10-4 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Both teams struggled to gain an advantage on the glass last season. Marshall recorded an average rebounding margin of -2.2 rebounds per game, and Charleston (SC) averaged a margin of -3.5 rebounds.