The Chicago State Cougars (0-5) are heavily favored (-19.5) to end a five-game losing streak when they visit the Loyola Chicago Ramblers (1-0) at 3:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at Joseph J. Gentile Center. The contest airs on NBCS. The matchup's point total is set at 65.
Loyola Chicago vs Chicago State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
Loyola Chicago Leaders
- Cameron Krutwig scored 15.1 points per game last season, while grabbing 8.1 rebounds per game and averaging 4.2 assists per game.
- Tate Hall was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 1.8 per game.
- Lucas Williamson collected 1.5 per game. Krutwig averaged 0.6 blocks a contest.
Chicago State Leaders
- The Cougars leader in scoring is Levelle Zeigler with 9.7 points per game. He also adds 1.7 rebounds per game and 2.0 assists per game.
- Aaris-Monte Bonds (4.6 rebounds per game) and Isaiah Lewis (2.6 assists per game) are the Chicago State leaders in rebounds and assists.
- The Cougars are led by Lewis from beyond the arc -- he knocks down 1.4 shots from downtown per game.
- Bonds is at the top of Chicago State's steals hierarchy with 1.2 steals per game and Ke'Sean Davis leads the squad in blocks with 0.4 per game.
- Last year, the 68.7 points per game the Ramblers scored were 13 fewer points than the Cougars gave up (81.7).
- Loyola Chicago went 5-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall last season when scoring more than 81.7 points.
- Chicago State went 7-13 against the spread and 2-23 overall last season when allowing more than 68.7 points.
- The Cougars scored an average of 61.4 points per game last year, just 1.3 fewer points than the 62.7 the Ramblers gave up.
- Chicago State put together a 5-0 ATS record and a 4-7 overall record last season in games it scored more than 62.7 points.
- Loyola Chicago went 5-12 against the spread and 9-9 overall last season when it allowed more than 61.4 points.
- The Ramblers out-scored their opponents by a total of 191 points last season (six points per game on average), and opponents of the Cougars out-scored them by 589 more points on the year (20.3 per game).
- The Ramblers and the Cougars rebounded at around the same rate, averaging 27.9 and 27 boards per game last season, respectively.
- Loyola Chicago was 7-4 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. Chicago State was 6-12 when they lost the rebounding battle.
- The Ramblers and the Cougars were evenly matched on the offensive boards last season, with the teams averaging 5.2 and 6.1 offensive rebounds per game, respectively.
- The Cougars were 1-2 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Ramblers were 6-7 when they trail in offensive rebounds.
- Rebounding was a sore spot for both teams last year. The Ramblers recorded an average rebounding margin of -0.4 rebounds per game, and the Cougars averaged a margin of -5.6 rebounds.