The Louisville Cardinals (7-1) take a three-game win streak into a home matchup with the No. 19 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-1), who have won four straight. The Hokies are underdogs by 5 points in the contest, which tips at 6:30 PM ET (on ACCN) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. The matchup's point total is set at 131.5.
Louisville vs Virginia Tech Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Louisville and Virginia Tech
Louisville and Virginia Tech Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Carlik Jones leads the Cardinals in scoring (16.4 points per game) and assisting (5.1 assists per game).
- Louisville's rebounding leader is Jae'Lyn Withers, who grabs 6.9 per game.
- David Johnson connects on 1.8 threes per game to lead the Cardinals.
- Johnson leads the team with 1.1 steals per game. JJ Traynor collects 0.8 blocks a contest to pace Louisville.
Virginia Tech Leaders
- Keve Aluma has the top Hokies spot in two categories: scoring (16.0 points per game) and rebounding (6.7 rebounds per game).
- Wabissa Bede puts in work handing out assists and is Virginia Tech's assist leader with 3.1 per game.
- The Hokies are paced by Jalen Cole from long distance -- he makes 2.8 shots from deep per game.
- Virginia Tech's Bede has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 0.9 per game and Aluma is first in blocks with 1.2 per game.
Louisville vs Virginia Tech: Last 2 Meetings
The Cardinals are 2-0 against the Hokies over the last two meetings between the two teams. In those matchups with the Hokies, the Cardinals have a 1-0 record against the spread.
Louisville vs Virginia Tech (Last 2 Games)
- The Cardinals put up 70.1 points per game, 5.9 more points than the 64.2 the Hokies allow.
- When Louisville puts up more than 64.2 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- Virginia Tech has a 1-2 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall when giving up more than 70.1 points.
- The Hokies put up an average of 75.6 points per game, 13.8 more points than the 61.8 the Cardinals give up.
- In games it puts up more than 61.8 points, Virginia Tech is 4-0 against the spread and 8-0 overall.
- Louisville is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 75.6 points.
- The Cardinals have out-scored their opponents by a total of 67 points this season (8.3 points per game on average), and the Hokies have put up 102 more points than their opponents on the year (11.4 per game).
- The Cardinals and the Hokies rebound at around the same clip, with the teams averaging and 37.6 and 35.9 boards per game, respectively.
- Louisville is 4-0 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. Virginia Tech is 1-1 when they lose the rebounding battle.
- The Cardinals average 9.2 offensive boards per game, -1.1 rebounds fewer than the Hokies.
- When the Hokies grab the most offensive rebounds they are 3-3 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Cardinals are 2-2.
- Both teams tend to win the board battle. Louisville records an average rebounding margin of +7.1 rebounds per game. Virginia Tech averages a margin of +6.3 rebounds.