The Jackson State Tigers (0-5) will attempt to break a five-game winning streak when they visit the Alabama State Hornets (0-0) on Monday, January 4, 2021 at Dunn-Oliver Acadome as 6-point favorites. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on ESPU. The matchup has a point total of 134.5.
Jackson State vs Alabama State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
Jackson State Leaders
- Tristan Jarrett leads the Tigers in scoring (16.4 points per game) and assisting (2.2 assists per game).
- Jayveous McKinnis paces Jackson State with 10.0 rebounds per game.
- Jarrett knocks down 1.8 three-pointers per game, the top mark for the Tigers.
- Jackson State's steals leader is Jarrett, who averages 2.2 per game. McKinnis leads the team averaging 2.0 blocks a game.
Alabama State Leaders
- Brandon Battle contributed 6.8 points per game last season.
- DJ Heath collected 2.3 assists a game and Tyrese Robinson grabbed 4.4 rebounds per matchup.
- Kevion Stewart hit 0.6 threes per game a season ago.
- Heath collected 0.7 steals per game. Robinson averaged 0.6 blocks a game.
Jackson State vs Alabama State: Last 4 Meetings
The Tigers have a 3-1 record in the last four matchups against the Hornets. The Tigers and the Hornets have a tied 1-1 record ATS in those head-to-head meetings.
Jackson State vs Alabama State (Last 4 Games)
Betting on the Over/Under
In 15 of its 32 games last season (46.9%), Jackson State and its opponents went over the current total of 134.5.
2020-21 Alabama State games have had a higher total than Monday's total on zero of zero occasions (NaN%).
Monday's total is 5.8 points higher than the combined 128.7 PPG average of the two teams last season.
These two squads surrendered a combined 138.4 points per game last season, 3.9 more than this contest's over/under.
Tigers games last season featured an average total of 134.7 points, a number 0.2 points higher than Monday's over/under.
In 2019-20, games involving the Hornets averaged a total of 132.4 points, 2.1 fewer than this game's set over/under.