Montez Mathis leads the No. 14 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (7-1) against the No. 10 Iowa Hawkeyes (8-2) after putting up 25 points in an 81-76 win over Purdue. The Scarlet Knights are 3.5-point underdogs in the game on Saturday, January 2, 2021, which tips off at 2:00 PM ET on ESP2. The point total in the matchup is set at 158.5.
Iowa vs Rutgers Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Iowa and Rutgers
Iowa and Rutgers Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Luka Garza leads the Hawkeyes in scoring (27.7 points per game) and rebounding (9.6 rebounds per game).
- Connor McCaffery paces the squad with 4.5 assists per game.
- Jordan Bohannon averages 2.3 made threes per game to pace the Hawkeyes.
- Joe Wieskamp leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Garza collects 2.0 blocks a contest to pace Iowa.
- The Scarlet Knights leader in scoring is Ron Harper Jr. with 23.4 points per game. He also adds 7.1 rebounds per game and 2.1 assists per game.
- When it comes to Rutgers leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Myles Johnson with 8.5 rebounds per game and Jacob Young with 5.4 assists per game.
- Harper makes more threes per game than any other member of the Scarlet Knights, averaging 3.6 treys per game.
- Young leads the Hawkeyes with 1.3 steals per game and Johnson is their top shot blocker with 2.1 blocks per game.
Iowa vs Rutgers: Last 3 Meetings
The Hawkeyes are 2-1 against the Scarlet Knights over the last three meetings between the two teams. The Scarlet Knights have beat the spread more often than not against the Hawkeyes, holding a 1-0 record ATS in those head-to-head matchups.
Iowa vs Rutgers (Last 3 Games)
- The Hawkeyes record 23.4 more points per game (94.3) than the Scarlet Knights allow (70.9).
- Iowa is 7-2 overall and 7-0 against the spread when scoring more than 70.9 points.
- When Rutgers gives up more than 94.3 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall.
- The Scarlet Knights put up 6.7 more points per game (80.6) than the Hawkeyes give up (73.9).
- Rutgers is 6-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 73.9 points.
- Iowa's record is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it allows more than 80.6 points.
- The Hawkeyes have totaled 204 more points than their opponents this season (20.4 per game on average), and the Scarlet Knights have scored 78 more points than their opponents (9.7 per game).
- The Hawkeyes and the Scarlet Knights rebound at around the same clip, with the teams averaging and 41.3 and 38.5 boards per game, respectively.
- When Iowa earns the rebounding advantage they are 6-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Rutgers is 1-1.
- The Hawkeyes collect 13.9 offensive rebounds per game, more than the Scarlet Knights by 3.7 rebounds per game.
- The Hawkeyes are 3-1 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Scarlet Knights are 3-1 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Both teams tend to win the board battle. The Hawkeyes record an average rebounding margin of +3.3 rebounds per game, and the Scarlet Knights average a margin of +3.6 rebounds.