A game after he scored 25 points in a 77-75 win over Rutgers, Luka Garza leads the No. 5 Iowa Hawkeyes (9-2) on the road against the Maryland Terrapins (6-5) on Thursday, January 7, 2021. The Hawkeyes are favored by 5.5 points in the matchup, which begins at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The over/under for the matchup is set at 152.
Iowa vs Maryland Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Iowa and Maryland
Iowa and Maryland Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Garza leads the Hawkeyes in points and rebounds. He contributes 27.5 points per game while tacking on 9.1 rebounds.
- Jordan Bohannon paces the squad with 4.4 assists per game.
- The Hawkeyes are led by Bohannon from long distance. He makes 2.4 shots from deep per game.
- Iowa's steals leader is Joe Wieskamp, who averages 1.3 per game. Garza leads the team averaging 2.0 blocks a contest.
- Eric Ayala outpaced his teammates on the Terrapins scoring front by putting up 14.3 points per game. He adds 2.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game this season.
- Donta Scott's 7.3 rebounds per game and Aaron Wiggins' 3.1 assists per game put them in the top spots on the Terrapins rebounds and assists leaderboards.
- Scott hits 1.7 three-pointers per game, the top mark for the Terrapins.
- Maryland's Hakim Hart has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 1.1 per game and Chol Marial is first in blocks with 0.8 per game.
Iowa vs Maryland: Last 3 Meetings
The Terrapins have a 2-1 record in the last three games against the Hawkeyes. Neither team holds an advantage against the spread in those head-to-head meetings. The Hawkeyes and the Terrapins have a 1-1 ATS record.
Iowa vs Maryland (Last 3 Games)
- The Hawkeyes score 26.1 more points per game (92.7) than the Terrapins give up (66.6).
- When Iowa scores more than 66.6 points, it is 9-2 overall and 8-0-1 against the spread.
- When Maryland allows more than 92.7 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall.
- The Terrapins score an average of 72.6 points per game, only 1.4 fewer points than the 74 the Hawkeyes give up.
- In games when it scores more than 74 points, Maryland is 5-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- Iowa is 3-2-1 against the spread and 4-2 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 72.6 points.
- The Hawkeyes have scored a total of 206 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 18.7 per game), and the Terrapins have out-scored opponents by 66 points on the season (six more per game).
- The Hawkeyes average 41.2 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Terrapins by 7.4 boards per contest.
- When Iowa earns the rebounding advantage they are 6-1-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Maryland is 0-3.
- The Hawkeyes average 13.6 offensive boards per game, outgaining the Terrapins by 5.6 rebounds per contest.
- The Hawkeyes are 3-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Terrapins are 3-3 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Both teams tend to win the rebounding battle. Iowa records an average rebounding margin of +3.1 rebounds per game. Maryland averages a margin of +2.3 rebounds.