The No. 3 Iowa Hawkeyes (4-0) will look to extend a four-game win streak when they host the Iowa State Cyclones (1-1) on Friday, December 11, 2020 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena as 8-point favorites. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET on BTN.
Iowa vs Iowa State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Luka Garza leads the Hawkeyes in points and rebounds. He averages 34.0 points per game while also adding 9.7 rebounds.
- The team is led in assists by Connor McCaffery's 5.0 per game.
- The 2.0 three-pointers Joe Wieskamp makes per game are a team-high mark for the Hawkeyes.
- Joe Toussaint leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Garza collects 2.7 blocks a game to pace Iowa.
Iowa State Leaders
- Rasir Bolton scored 14.7 points per game last season and recorded 2.8 assists.
- George Conditt IV grabbed 4.9 rebounds per game.
- Jalen Coleman-Lands had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He connected on 2.0 shots from deep per game.
- Bolton collected 1.1 steals per game. Conditt averaged 1.6 blocks a contest.
Iowa vs Iowa State: Last 2 Meetings
The Hawkeyes are 2-0 against the Cyclones in the last two meetings between the two teams. The Hawkeyes have a 1-0 record against the spread in those contests with the Cyclones.
Iowa vs Iowa State (Last 2 Games)
- Last year, the Hawkeyes averaged 77.7 points per game, only 4.7 more points than the 73 the Cyclones allowed.
- When Iowa scored more than 73 points last season, it went 11-0 against the spread and 13-6 overall.
- Iowa State finished with a record of 3-7 against the spread and 2-11 overall last season when allowing more than 77.7 points.
- The Cyclones put up an average of 72 points per game last year, just 0.3 fewer points than the 72.3 the Hawkeyes gave up.
- Iowa State put together a 7-0 ATS record and went 10-5 overall last season in games it scored more than 72.3 points.
- Iowa had a 5-11 record overall and an ATS record of 5-10 last season when its opponents scored more than 72 points.
- The Hawkeyes out-scored their opponents by a total of 169 points last season (5.4 points per game on average), and opponents of the Cyclones out-scored them by 31 more points on the year (one per game).
- The Hawkeyes and the Cyclones rebounded at a similar clip last season (34.2 and 31.7 boards per game, respectively).
- When Iowa earned the rebounding advantage they were 12-5-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Iowa State was 3-10.
- The Hawkeyes and the Cyclones were evenly matched on the offensive glass last season, with the teams averaging similar numbers (10 and 9.1 offensive boards per game, respectively).
- The Hawkeyes were 8-7-1 against the spread when they won the battle on the boards. The Cyclones were 5-6-1 when they lost the rebounding edge.
- The Hawkeyes found regular success on the glass with an average rebounding margin of +1.8 rebounds per game, and the Cyclones struggled in comparison, averaging a margin of -0.8.