The No. 3 Iowa Hawkeyes (4-0) will look to build on a four-game winning streak when they host the Iowa State Cyclones (1-1) on Friday, December 11, 2020 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena as heavy, 13.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on BTN. The matchup's over/under is set at 159.5.
Iowa vs Iowa State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Luka Garza leads the Hawkeyes in points and rebounds. He averages 34.0 points per game while tacking on 9.7 rebounds.
- Iowa's assists leader is Connor McCaffery, who racks up 5.0 assists per game.
- Joe Wieskamp leads the Hawkeyes with a team-high 2.0 made three-pointers per game.
- The Hawkeyes steals leader is Joe Toussaint, who averages 1.3 per game. Garza leads the team averaging 2.7 blocks a contest.
Iowa State Leaders
- Rasir Bolton scored 14.7 points per game and dished out 2.8 assists per outing last season.
- George Conditt IV collected 4.9 rebounds per game.
- Jalen Coleman-Lands connected on 2.0 threes per game a season ago.
- Bolton averaged 1.1 steals per game. Conditt collected 1.6 blocks an outing.
Iowa vs Iowa State: Last 2 Meetings
Iowa has won both of its matchups with Iowa State. The Hawkeyes have covered the spread more often than not against the Cyclones, holding a 1-0 record ATS in those head-to-head matchups.
Iowa vs Iowa State (Last 2 Games)
- Last season, the 77.7 points per contest the Hawkeyes recorded were just 4.7 more points than the Cyclones allowed (73).
- Iowa put together an 11-0 record against the spread and a 13-6 record overall last season when putting up 73 points or more.
- When Iowa State's opponents scored more than 77.7 points last season, it finished 3-7 against the spread and 2-11 overall.
- The Cyclones put up just 0.3 fewer points per game last year (72) than the Hawkeyes gave up to opponents (72.3).
- Iowa State went 10-5 overall and 7-0 against the spread when it scored more than 72.3 points last season.
- Iowa's record was 5-10 against the spread and 5-11 overall when it allowed more than 72 points last season.
- The Hawkeyes out-scored their opponents by a total of 169 points last season (5.4 points per game on average), and opponents of the Cyclones out-scored them by 31 more points on the year (one per game).
- The Hawkeyes and the Cyclones rebounded at around the same clip, averaging 34.2 and 31.7 boards per game last season, respectively.
- The Hawkeyes were 12-5-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Cyclones were 3-10 when they lost the rebounding battle.
- The Hawkeyes and the Cyclones were evenly matched on the offensive glass last season, with the teams averaging similar numbers (10 and 9.1 offensive boards per game, respectively).
- When the Hawkeyes grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 8-7-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Cyclones were 5-6-1.
- The Hawkeyes found regular success on the glass with an average rebounding margin of +1.8 rebounds per game, and the Cyclones struggled in comparison, averaging a margin of -0.8.