The No. 12 Illinois Fighting Illini (8-3) are 6.5-point favorites as they try to build on a three-game win streak when they visit the Northwestern Wildcats (6-3) on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at Welsh-Ryan Arena. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET on BTN. The matchup's over/under is set at 148.
Illinois vs Northwestern Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Illinois and Northwestern
Illinois and Northwestern Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Ayo Dosunmu leads the Fighting Illini in scoring (23.0 points per game) and assisting (5.0 assists per game).
- Kofi Cockburn paces the team with 9.9 rebounds per game.
- Da'Monte Williams averages 1.7 made threes per game to pace the Fighting Illini.
- Trent Frazier leads the team with 1.1 steals per game. Cockburn collects 1.3 blocks a game to pace Illinois.
- Miller Kopp owns the Wildcats top spot in scoring with 14.4 points per game and also tacks on 2.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists per contest.
- The Northwestern leaders in rebounds and assists are Ryan Young (6.2 rebounds per game) and Boo Buie (5.4 assists per game).
- Kopp is tops from three-point range for the Wildcats, knocking down 2.1 threes per game.
- The Wildcats leaders in steals and blocks are Kopp (1.0 steals per game) and Pete Nance (0.8 blocks per game).
Illinois vs Northwestern: Last 4 Meetings
The Fighting Illini have a 3-1 record in the last four games against the Wildcats. The Fighting Illini and the Wildcats have a tied 1-1 record ATS in those head-to-head meetings.
Illinois vs Northwestern (Last 4 Games)
- The Fighting Illini record 85.4 points per game, 17.8 more points than the 67.6 the Wildcats allow.
- Illinois has a 7-3 record overall and a 6-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 67.6 points.
- In games Northwestern gives up more than 85.4 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall.
- The Wildcats put up an average of 81.7 points per game, 12.7 more points than the 69 the Fighting Illini allow to opponents.
- Northwestern has gone 6-2 overall and 5-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 69 points.
- Illinois' record is 0-2 overall and 0-1 against the spread when it gives up more than 81.7 points to its opponents.
- The Fighting Illini have put up a total of 180 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 16.4 per game), and the Wildcats have out-scored opponents by 127 points on the season (14.1 more per game).
- The Fighting Illini average 42 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Wildcats by five boards per contest.
- When Illinois earns the rebounding advantage they are 7-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Northwestern is 3-3.
- The Fighting Illini average 10.6 offensive boards per game, more than the Wildcats by 2.2 rebounds per contest.
- The Fighting Illini are 4-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Wildcats are 3-3 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Rebounding has been a pillar for both teams this year. Illinois records an average rebounding margin of +13.4 rebounds per game. Northwestern averages a margin of +2.8 rebounds.