The Minnesota Golden Gophers (6-0) will try to build on a six-game win streak when they hit the road to take on the No. 13 Illinois Fighting Illini (4-2) on Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at State Farm Center as 4-point underdogs. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESP2. The matchup has a point total of 70.5.
Illinois vs Minnesota Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Illinois and Minnesota
Illinois and Minnesota Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 4+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Ayo Dosunmu leads the Fighting Illini in points and assists. He contributes 23.8 points per game while tacking on 6.3 assists.
- Kofi Cockburn paces Illinois with 9.8 rebounds per game.
- The 2.3 three-pointers Trent Frazier knocks down per game are a team-high mark for the Fighting Illini.
- Dosunmu leads the team with 1.0 steal per game. Giorgi Bezhanishvili collects 1.0 block a game to pace the Fighting Illini.
- Marcus Carr's strong performances this season give him the top spot on the Golden Gophers scoring and assists leaderboards with 26.0 points per game and 5.5 assists per game.
- Liam Robbins collects all of the boards and is the Minnesota leader in rebounds, grabbing 7.8 per game.
- Carr is tops from three-point range for the Golden Gophers, hitting 2.8 threes per game.
- Nobody on Minnesota grabs more steals than Jarvis Omersa (2.0 per game) or blocks more shots than Robbins (2.0 per game).
Illinois vs Minnesota: Last 3 Meetings
Illinois has won two of its last three games against Minnesota. The Fighting Illini have covered the spread more often than not against the Golden Gophers, holding a 1-0 record ATS in those head-to-head meetings.
Illinois vs Minnesota (Last 3 Games)
- The 87.7 points per game the Fighting Illini score are 18.7 more points than the Golden Gophers give up (69).
- When Illinois puts up more than 69 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- When Minnesota allows more than 87.7 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall.
- The Golden Gophers average 16.9 more points per game (84.2) than the Fighting Illini allow (67.3).
- Minnesota has put together a 3-0-1 ATS record and a 5-0 overall record in games it scores more than 67.3 points.
- Illinois is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 84.2 points.
- The Fighting Illini have out-scored their opponents by a total of 122 points this season (20.4 points per game on average), and the Golden Gophers have put up 91 more points than their opponents on the year (15.2 per game).
- The Fighting Illini average 42 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Golden Gophers by 9.3 boards per contest.
- When Illinois earns the rebounding advantage they are 3-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Minnesota is 0-1.
- The Fighting Illini and the Golden Gophers collect offensive rebounds at similar rate (10.7 and 10 offensive rebounds per game, respectively).
- The Fighting Illini are 2-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Golden Gophers are 1-1 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Rebounding has been a pillar for both teams this year. Illinois records an average rebounding margin of +16.5 rebounds per game. Minnesota averages a margin of +1.7 rebounds.