The Wichita State Shockers (6-2) are big, 11.5-point underdogs as they try to build on a five-game win streak when they visit the No. 11 Houston Cougars (8-1) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at Fertitta Center. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup's over/under is set at 134.5.
Houston vs Wichita State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Houston and Wichita State
Houston and Wichita State Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 11.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Quentin Grimes leads the Cougars scoring 17.7 points per game.
- DeJon Jarreau leads the team with 3.4 assists per game and Justin Gorham paces the squad with 8.8 rebounds per outing.
- The 3.1 three-pointers Marcus Sasser hits per game are a team-high mark for the Cougars.
- The Cougars steals leader is Jarreau, who averages 1.3 per game. Brison Gresham leads the team averaging 1.6 blocks a contest.
Wichita State Leaders
- Tyson Etienne owns the Shockers top spot in scoring with 17.0 points per game and also tacks on 3.3 rebounds and 2.8 assists per contest.
- When it comes to Wichita State leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Trey Wade with 6.4 rebounds per game and Alterique Gilbert with 3.3 assists per game.
- The 2.8 three-pointers Etienne makes per game are a team-high mark for the Shockers.
- Gilbert is at the top of Wichita State's steals hierarchy with 1.4 steals per game and Morris Udeze leads the squad in blocks with 1.1 per game.
Houston vs Wichita State: Last 3 Meetings
The Cougars have a 3-0 record in the last three games with the Shockers. In those matchups with the Shockers, the Cougars have a 1-0 record against the spread.
Houston vs Wichita State (Last 3 Games)
- The Cougars put up 73.7 points per game, 6.2 more points than the 67.5 the Shockers allow.
- Houston has a 6-0 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall when putting up more than 67.5 points.
- Wichita State has put together a 2-1 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall in games when it allows more than 73.7 points.
- The Shockers average 18.6 more points per game (74.9) than the Cougars allow their opponents to score (56.3).
- When it scores more than 56.3 points, Wichita State is 3-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Houston is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 74.9 points.
- The Cougars have out-scored their opponents by a total of 156 points this season (17.4 points per game on average), and the Shockers have put up 59 more points than their opponents on the year (7.4 per game).
- The Cougars and the Shockers are similar rebounding teams, with the squads averaging and 39.9 and 40.4 rebounds per game, respectively.
- The Shockers are 2-0 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Cougars are 1-0 when they lose the battle on the glass
- The Cougars collect 14.1 offensive rebounds per game, more than the Shockers by one rebound per game.
- The Cougars are 6-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Shockers are 2-2 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Both teams tend to win the rebounding battle. Houston records an average rebounding margin of +9.3 rebounds per game. Wichita State averages a margin of +0.5 rebounds.