The No. 6 Houston Cougars (5-0) are big, 16.5-point favorites as they attempt to continue a five-game win streak when they host the Temple Owls (1-0) on Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at Fertitta Center. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESP+. The over/under is 136 in the matchup.
Houston vs Temple Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Quentin Grimes leads the Cougars in points and rebounds. He contributes 19.6 points per game while also adding 7.8 rebounds.
- Dejon Jarreau paces the team with 3.4 assists per game.
- Marcus Sasser is the top three-point shooter for the Cougars, knocking down 4.0 per game.
- The Cougars steals leader is Jarreau, who averages 1.6 per game. Jamal Shead leads the team averaging 1.3 blocks a contest.
- Sage Tolbert averaged 9.6 points per game last season and added 7.0 rebounds a contest.
- J.P. Moorman II racked up 1.6 assists per game.
- De'Vondre Perry made 1.0 three per game a season ago.
- Tolbert racked up 0.8 steals and 0.7 blocks per game.
Houston vs Temple: Last 3 Meetings
Houston has a 2-1 record in the last three matchups with Temple. The Cougars have a 1-0 record against the spread in those games against the Owls.
Houston vs Temple (Last 3 Games)
- Last season, the 72.3 points per contest the Cougars put up were just 4.4 more points than the Owls allowed (67.9).
- Houston went 14-0 against the spread and 19-3 overall last season when it scored more than 67.9 points.
- Temple finished with a 3-5 record against the spread and went 2-7 overall last season when allowing more than 72.3 points.
- The Owls' 68.3 points per game last year were 6.2 more points than the 62.1 the Cougars gave up to opponents.
- Temple went 12-0 against the spread and 13-9 overall when it scored more than 62.1 points last season.
- Houston went 3-4 against the spread and 4-4 overall last season when it gave up more than 68.3 points.
- The Cougars out-scored their opponents by a total of 315 points last season (10.2 points per game on average), and the Owls put up just 13 more points than their opponents on the year (0.4 per game).
- The Cougars and the Owls grabbed rebounds at nearly the same rate last season (38.6 and 34.1 boards per game, respectively).
- The Cougars were 14-14 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Owls were 4-11 when they lost the rebounding battle.
- The Cougars grabbed 13 offensive rebounds per game, more than the Owls by 5.1 rebounds per game last season.
- The Cougars were 13-13 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Owls were 7-7 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- The Cougars found regular success on the glass with an average rebounding margin of +11.3 rebounds per game, and the Owls struggled in comparison, averaging a margin of -0.7.