The SMU Mustangs (6-0) are favored (-1.5) to extend a six-game win streak when they host the No. 5 Houston Cougars (7-1) at 7:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Moody Coliseum. The matchup airs on ESP2. The matchup's over/under is 134.5.
Houston vs SMU Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Houston and SMU
Houston and SMU Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Quentin Grimes leads the Cougars in scoring, putting up 18.5 points per game.
- Houston is led in rebounding by Justin Gorham's 7.5 rebounds per game and assisting by DeJon Jarreau's 3.3 assists per game .
- Marcus Sasser is the top three-point shooter for the Cougars, connecting on 3.2 per game.
- Sasser leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. J'wan Roberts collects 1.3 blocks an outing to pace Houston.
- Kendric Davis has the top spot on the Mustangs scoring and assist lists, tallying 19.2 points and 7.2 assists per game.
- The Mustangs leading rebounder is Ethan Chargois with 7.7 per game. He also scores 11.5 points per game.
- Emmanuel Bandoumel makes more threes per game than any other member of the Mustangs, cashing in 2.0 treys per game.
- SMU's Davis has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 1.8 per game and Feron Hunt is first in blocks with 1.3 per game.
Houston vs SMU: Last 4 Meetings
The Cougars have a 3-1 record in the last four games against the Mustangs. The Cougars and the Mustangs have a tied 1-1 record ATS in those head-to-head meetings.
Houston vs SMU (Last 4 Games)
- The Cougars record 73.6 points per game, 9.3 more points than the 64.3 the Mustangs allow.
- Houston is 5-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall when scoring more than 64.3 points.
- SMU has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 1-0 record overall when giving up more than 73.6 points.
- The Mustangs put up 28.3 more points per game (84.2) than the Cougars allow their opponents to score (55.9).
- SMU is 6-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall when it scores more than 55.9 points.
- Houston's record is 0-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread when it gives up more than 84.2 points to its opponents.
- The Cougars have out-scored their opponents by a total of 142 points this season (17.7 points per game on average), and the Mustangs have put up 119 more points than their opponents on the year (19.9 per game).
- The Cougars and the Mustangs rebound at around the same clip, with the teams averaging and 39.6 and 40.2 boards per game, respectively.
- The Mustangs are 4-0 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Cougars are 1-0 when they lose the rebounding battle
- The Cougars average 13.9 offensive boards per game, more than the Mustangs by 2.7 rebounds per contest.
- The Cougars are 5-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Mustangs are 2-0 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Both teams tend to win the rebounding battle. Houston records an average rebounding margin of +9.1 rebounds per game. SMU averages a margin of +eight rebounds.