The DePaul Blue Demons (0-0) are double-digit, 17-point favorites against the Western Illinois Leathernecks (2-4) on Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup airs on FS1. The matchup has an over/under set at 147 points.
DePaul vs Western Illinois Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Javon Freeman-Liberty averaged 19.0 points per game last season.
- Pauly Paulicap pulled down 10.4 rebounds per game and Charlie Moore averaged 6.1 assists per game .
- Moore was dependable from beyond the arc a season ago, hitting 1.7 threes per game.
- Freeman-Liberty nicked 2.2 steals per game. Paulicap collected 1.8 blocks a contest.
Western Illinois Leaders
- Justin Brookens owns the Leathernecks top spot in scoring with 12.3 points per game and also tacks on 1.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists per contest.
- Tamell Pearson (8.7 rebounds per game) and Marcus Watson Jr. (3.6 assists per game) are the Western Illinois leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Will Carius is tops from three-point range for the Leathernecks, knocking down 2.3 threes per game.
- Western Illinois' Watson has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 1.6 per game and Pearson is first in blocks with 1.3 per game.
- Last year, the Blue Demons recorded 11.1 fewer points per game (70.7) than the Leathernecks gave up (81.8).
- DePaul had a 3-0 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall last season when scoring more than 81.8 points.
- When Western Illinois allowed more than 70.7 points last season, it went 6-10 against the spread and 2-18 overall.
- The Leathernecks put up only 3.3 more points per game last year (74.4) than the Blue Demons gave up to opponents (71.1).
- When it scored more than 71.1 points last season, Western Illinois finished 5-0 against the spread and 4-10 overall.
- DePaul's record was 4-6 against the spread and 3-9 overall when it let its opponents to score more than 74.4 points last season.
- The Blue Demons had a negative point differential on the season (-12 total points, -0.4 per game), as did the Leathernecks (-192 total points, -7.4 per game).
- The Blue Demons and the Leathernecks rebounded at a similar rate last season (34.1 and 31.6 boards per game, respectively).
- When DePaul earned the rebounding advantage they were 8-7 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Western Illinois was 3-9.
- The Blue Demons averaged 9.9 offensive boards per game, more than the Leathernecks by 2.5 rebounds per contest last season.
- When the Blue Demons grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 7-8 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Leathernecks were 4-7.
- DePaul faired well on the boards with an average rebounding margin of +1.3 rebounds per game. It's a different story for Western Illinois who averaged a margin of -3.9.