The SMU Mustangs (3-0) are favored (-1) to extend a three-game winning streak when they visit the Dayton Flyers (1-0) at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, December 5, 2020 at University of Dayton Arena. The matchup has an over/under of 68.
Dayton vs SMU Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Jalen Crutcher contributed 15.1 points per game last season while adding 3.2 rebounds and 4.9 assists.
- Crutcher made 2.4 threes per game a season ago.
- Rodney Chatman swiped 1.3 steals per game. Jordy Tshimanga collected 0.5 blocks an outing.
- Kendric Davis' strong performances this season give him the top spot on the Mustangs scoring and assists leaderboards with 21.3 points per game and 9.7 assists per game.
- Feron Hunt has the top spot on the Mustangs rebounding leaderboard, averaging 8.3 boards per game while adding 15.0 points per game.
- The Mustangs are paced by Charles Smith IV from beyond the arc -- he knocks down 2.3 shots from downtown per game.
- Davis is at the top of SMU's steals hierarchy with 2.7 steals per game and Hunt leads the squad in blocks with 1.7 per game.
- Last year, the 80 points per game the Flyers averaged were 11.5 more points than the Mustangs gave up (68.5).
- When Dayton scored more than 68.5 points last season, it put together a record of 14-0 against the spread and 27-2 overall.
- When SMU's opponents scored more than 80 points last season, it finished 2-3 against the spread and 1-4 overall.
- The Mustangs averaged 8.4 more points per game last year (72.9) than the Flyers allowed (64.5).
- SMU went 17-5 overall and 11-0-1 against the spread when it scored more than 64.5 points last season.
- Dayton's record was 0-3 against the spread and 3-2 overall when it allowed more than 72.9 points last season.
- The Flyers out-scored their opponents by a total of 480 points last season (15.5 points per game on average), and the Mustangs put up 134 more points than their opponents on the year (4.4 per game).
- The Flyers and the Mustangs collected rebounds at approximately the same rate last season (32.5 and 34 boards per game, respectively).
- When SMU earned the rebounding advantage they were 10-5-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Dayton was 2-7.
- The Flyers averaged 6.8 offensive rebounds per game, -3.6 rebounds less than the Mustangs.
- The Mustangs were 6-7-1 against the spread when they won the battle on the boards. The Flyers were 5-8 when they lost the rebounding edge.
- Both teams tended to win the board battle last year. The Flyers recorded an average rebounding margin of +3.5 rebounds per game, and the Mustangs averaged a margin of +4.3 rebounds.