The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (6-1) host the South Alabama Jaguars (6-3) as 5-point favorites after Devante Jones scored 35 points in the Chanticleers 86-63 victory over Alice Lloyd. The matchup is at 3:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The point total for the matchup is set at 146.5.
Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Coastal Carolina and South Alabama
Coastal Carolina and South Alabama Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Coastal Carolina Leaders
- The Chanticleers scoring leader is Jones, who averages 23.6 points per game.
- Coastal Carolina is led in rebounding by Essam Mostafa's 10.8 rebounds per game and assisting by Ebrima Dibba's 5.4 assists per game .
- Deanthony Tipler makes 3.0 threes per game to lead the Chanticleers.
- Coastal Carolina's steals leader is Jones, who collects 4.1 per game. DeShawn Thomas leads the team averaging 1.9 blocks an outing.
South Alabama Leaders
- Michael Flowers' strong performances this season give him the top spot on the Jaguars scoring and assists leaderboards with 20.6 points per game and 3.4 assists per game.
- Kayo Goncalves has the top spot on the Jaguars rebounding leaderboard, averaging 6.2 boards per game while adding 10.8 points per game.
- Flowers is tops from three-point range for the Jaguars, knocking down 3.0 threes per game.
- Nobody on South Alabama grabs more steals than Tyreke Locure (2.5 per game) or blocks more shots than Goncalves (0.8 per game).
Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama: Last 4 Meetings
The record between Coastal Carolina and South Alabama is tied 2-2 over the past four matchups. Neither team holds an advantage against the spread in those head-to-head meetings. The Chanticleers and the Jaguars have a 1-1 ATS record.
Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama (Last 4 Games)
Betting on the Over/Under
In seven of its seven games this season (100%), Coastal Carolina and its opponents have gone over the current over/under of 146.5.
In 77.8% of South Alabama games this season (7/9), the total points scored was greater than Saturday's total of 146.5.
The two teams combine to score 179.7 points per game, 33.2 more than the over/under in this contest.
These two squads combine to surrender 140.9 points per game, 5.6 fewer than this contest's over/under.
The average total in Chanticleers games this season is 162.4, 15.9 points above Saturday's over/under of 146.5.
The 158.1 PPG average total in Jaguars games this season is 11.6 points more than this game's over/under.