The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (6-1) host the South Alabama Jaguars (6-3) as 4.5-point favorites after Devante Jones went off for 35 points in the Chanticleers 86-63 victory over Alice Lloyd. The matchup is at 6:00 PM ET on Friday, January 8, 2021. The over/under in the matchup is set at 146.
Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Coastal Carolina and South Alabama
Coastal Carolina and South Alabama Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Coastal Carolina Leaders
- The Chanticleers scoring leader is Jones, who puts up 23.3 points per game.
- Ebrima Dibba leads the team with 5.7 assists per game and Essam Mostafa paces the squad with 10.4 rebounds per matchup.
- Deanthony Tipler connects on 3.0 three-pointers per game, the top mark for the Chanticleers.
- Coastal Carolina's blocks leader is DeShawn Thomas, who collects 1.9 per game. Jones leads the team averaging 4.1 steals a contest.
South Alabama Leaders
- Michael Flowers' strong performances this season give him the top spot on the Jaguars scoring and assists leaderboards with 21.0 points per game and 3.3 assists per game.
- When it comes to rebounds, Kayo Goncalves is the South Alabama leader with 6.4 rebounds per game.
- Goncalves makes more threes per game than any other member of the Jaguars, averaging 2.9 treys per game.
- Tyreke Locure is at the top of South Alabama's steals hierarchy with 2.7 steals per game and Goncalves leads the squad in blocks with 0.7 per game.
Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama: Last 4 Meetings
The record between Coastal Carolina and South Alabama is tied 2-2 over the past four matchups. The Chanticleers and the Jaguars have a tied 1-1 record ATS in those head-to-head matchups.
Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama (Last 4 Games)
Betting on the Over/Under
Coastal Carolina has combined with its opponents to score over Friday's total, 146, in 100% of its seven games this season.
In 77.8% of South Alabama games this season (7/9), the total points scored was greater than Friday's over/under of 146.
The two teams combine to average 179.7 points per game, 33.7 more than the over/under in this contest.
These two squads combine to allow 140.9 points per game, 5.1 fewer than this contest's over/under.
The Chanticleers and their opponents have scored an average of 162.4 points per game in 2020-21, 16.4 more than Friday's total.
The 158.1 PPG average total in Jaguars games this season is 12.1 points more than this game's over/under.