MAAC opponents meet when the Canisius Golden Griffins (0-0) host the Marist Red Foxes (2-0) at Koessler Athletic Center, beginning at 12:00 AM ET on Saturday, December 12, 2020. The Red Foxes are 4-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup's point total is 129.5.
Canisius vs Marist Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Majesty Brandon put up 13.9 points per game last season.
- Jacco Fritz notched 7.1 rebounds per game and Jordan Henderson averaged 2.0 assists per game .
- Brandon had a solid showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He hit 1.9 shots from deep per game.
- Brandon nicked 1.2 steals per game. Jalanni White collected 0.6 blocks a contest.
- Michael Cubbage contributed 9.3 points per game last season and added 6.1 rebounds and 3.4 assists.
- Matt Herasme was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, knocking down 2.0 per game.
- Herasme grabbed 1.5 steals per game. Jordan Jones averaged 0.6 blocks an outing.
Canisius vs Marist: Last 2 Meetings
The Golden Griffins have a 2-0 record in the last two games against the Red Foxes. Neither team holds an advantage against the spread in those head-to-head games, with the season series knotted up at 1-1 ATS.
Canisius vs Marist (Last 2 Games)
- Last season, the Golden Griffins recorded 68.6 points per contest, only 2.9 more points than the 65.7 the Red Foxes gave up to opponents.
- When Canisius put up more than 65.7 points last season, it went 10-0-1 against the spread and 10-10 overall.
- Marist put together a 5-7 record against the spread and went 2-10 overall last season when allowing more than 68.6 points.
- The Red Foxes put up 10.3 fewer points per game last year (60.5) than the Golden Griffins allowed their opponents to score (70.8).
- Marist went 4-1 overall and 4-0 against the spread when it scored more than 70.8 points last season.
- Canisius' record was 12-14-2 against the spread and 10-19 overall when it allowed more than 60.5 points last season.
- The Golden Griffins were out-scored by 69 points last season (2.2 points per game on average), and opponents of the Red Foxes have out-scored them by 154 more points on the year (5.2 per game).
- The Golden Griffins and the Red Foxes rebounded at around the same clip, averaging 29.8 and 30.9 boards per game last season, respectively.
- When Marist earned the rebounding advantage they were 7-4 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Canisius was 6-11-1.
- The Golden Griffins and the Red Foxes were evenly matched on the offensive glass last season, with the teams averaging similar numbers (8.4 and 7.8 offensive boards per game, respectively).
- The Golden Griffins were 4-9-2 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Red Foxes were 4-4-1 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Rebounding was a weakness for both organizations last season. Canisius recorded a rebounding margin of -2.1 rebounds per game. Marist averaged a margin of -0.6 rebounds.