The Canisius Golden Griffins (0-0) host the Marist Red Foxes (2-0) in a matchup of MAAC teams at Koessler Athletic Center, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, December 11, 2020. The Golden Griffins are 2-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The over/under is 60.5 for the matchup.
Canisius vs Marist Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Majesty Brandon averaged 13.9 points per game last season.
- Jacco Fritz collected 4.5 rebounds a game and Jordan Henderson dished out 2.0 assists per outing.
- Last season, Brandon hit 1.9 threes per game.
- Brandon grabbed 1.2 per game. Jalanni White averaged 0.6 blocks an outing.
- Michael Cubbage contributed 9.3 points per game last season while tacking on 6.1 rebounds and 3.4 assists.
- Matt Herasme had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago, hitting 2.0 shots from downtown per game.
- Herasme averaged 1.5 steals per game. Jordan Jones collected 0.6 blocks a contest.
Canisius vs Marist: Last 2 Meetings
Canisius has a 2-0 record in the last two games with Marist. Neither team holds an advantage against the spread in those head-to-head meetings. The Golden Griffins and the Red Foxes have a 1-1 ATS record.
Canisius vs Marist (Last 2 Games)
- Last year, the 68.6 points per game the Golden Griffins scored were only 2.9 more points than the Red Foxes gave up (65.7).
- Canisius went 10-0-1 against the spread and 10-10 overall last season when scoring more than 65.7 points.
- Marist put together a 5-7 record against the spread and went 2-10 overall last season when giving up more than 68.6 points.
- The Red Foxes' 60.5 points per game last year were 10.3 fewer points than the 70.8 the Golden Griffins allowed.
- When it scored more than 70.8 points last season, Marist went 4-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- Canisius went 12-14-2 against the spread and 10-19 overall last season when it allowed more than 60.5 points.
- The Golden Griffins had a negative point differential on the season (-69 total points, -2.2 per game), as did the Red Foxes (-154 total points, -5.2 per game).
- The Golden Griffins and the Red Foxes rebounded at a similar rate last season (29.8 and 30.9 boards per game, respectively).
- Marist was 7-4 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. Canisius was 6-11-1 when they lost the rebounding battle.
- The Golden Griffins and the Red Foxes were evenly matched on the offensive glass last season, with the teams averaging 8.4 and 7.8 offensive boards per game, respectively.
- The Golden Griffins were 4-9-2 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Red Foxes were 4-4-1 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Rebounding was a weakness for both organizations last season. Canisius recorded a rebounding margin of -2.1 rebounds per game. Marist averaged a margin of -0.6 rebounds.