Derrick Alston leads the Boise State Broncos (1-1) into a matchup with the BYU Cougars (5-1) after scoring 27 points in an 86-55 win over Sam Houston State. The Broncos are 2-point underdogs in the game on Wednesday, December 9, 2020, which tips off at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup's over/under is set at 67.5.
BYU vs Boise State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- The Cougars points and assists leader is Alex Barcello. He racks up 19.2 points per game and contributes 3.3 assists.
- BYU is led in rebounds by Caleb Lohner's 6.3 per game.
- Barcello averages 3.0 made threes per game to lead the Cougars.
- BYU's blocks leader is Matt Haarms, who averages 2.8 per game. Lohner leads the team averaging 1.2 steals a contest.
Boise State Leaders
- Alston scored 17.3 points per game last season, while grabbing 5.3 rebounds per game and averaging 3.1 assists per game.
- Alston was debendable from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 2.0 threes per game.
- Abu Kigab recorded 0.7 steals and 0.3 blocks per game.
BYU vs Boise State: Last Meeting
BYU vs Boise State (Last 1 Games)
- Last year, the 79.6 points per game the Cougars recorded were 10.1 more points than the Broncos gave up (69.5).
- BYU went 12-0 against the spread and 21-4 overall last season when it scored more than 69.5 points.
- Boise State went 2-4 against the spread and 1-6 overall last season when allowing more than 79.6 points.
- The Broncos put up an average of 75.9 points per game last year, 7.5 more points than the 68.4 the Cougars gave up to opponents.
- Boise State went 17-3 overall and 14-0 against the spread when it scored more than 68.4 points last season.
- BYU's record was 3-3 against the spread and 5-5 overall when it gave up more than 75.9 points last season.
- The Cougars totaled 360 more points than their opponents last season (11.2 per game on average), and the Broncos scored 207 more points than their opponents (6.4 per game).
- The Cougars and the Broncos hauled in rebounds at nearly the same clip last season (31 and 31.9 boards per game, respectively).
- When Boise State earned the rebounding advantage they were 10-4 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, BYU was 5-7.
- The Cougars averaged 5.7 offensive boards per game, -2 rebounds fewer than the Broncos.
- The Broncos were 7-9 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Cougars were 8-4 when they trail in offensive rebounds.
- Rebounding margin was a weakness for BYU with a mark of -1 rebounds per game last season. Boise State routinely had an advantage on the boards, averaging a margin of +1.2.