The Providence Friars (5-2) are 1-point favorites as they try to extend a three-game win streak when they visit the Butler Bulldogs (1-3) on Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at Hinkle Fieldhouse. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET on CBSS. The matchup has an over/under of 133.5.
Providence vs Butler Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Providence and Butler
Providence and Butler Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 1+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- David Duke leads the Friars in scoring, putting up 19.4 points per game.
- Nate Watson paces Providence with 6.4 rebounds a game and Jared Bynum leads the team with 4.9 assists per outing.
- The Friars are led by Duke from beyond the arc -- he connects on 2.0 shots from deep per game.
- The Friars steals leader is Brycen Goodine, who collects 1.5 per game. Jimmy Nichols Jr. leads the team averaging 1.0 block an outing.
- Aaron Thompson's excellent showing this season give him the top spot on the Bulldogs scoring and assists leaderboards with 17.5 points per game and 5.0 assists per game.
- Bryce Nze collects all of the boards and is the Butler leader in rebounds, pulling down 8.0 per game.
- Jair Bolden leads the Bulldogs in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.5 made threes per game.
- Butler's Thompson has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 1.0 per game and Nze is first in blocks with 1.0 per game.
Providence vs Butler: Last 2 Meetings
Providence and Butler have split their last two matchups 1-1. In those games against the Friars, the Bulldogs have a 1-0 record against the spread.
Providence vs Butler (Last 2 Games)
- The Friars score just 2.5 more points per game (75.3) than the Bulldogs allow (72.8).
- Providence has a 4-0 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall when putting up more than 72.8 points.
- Butler has a 0-2 record against the spread and a 0-2 record overall when giving up more than 75.3 points.
- The Bulldogs' 66.2 points per game are 5.1 fewer points than the 71.3 the Friars allow.
- Butler has put together a 0-0 ATS record and a 0-1 overall record in games it scores more than 71.3 points.
- Providence has an ATS record of 3-2 and a 3-2 record overall when its opponents score more than 66.2 points.
- The Friars have totaled 28 more points than their opponents this season (four per game on average), while the Bulldogs have been out-scored by 26 total points (6.6 per game average differential).
- The Friars and the Bulldogs are similar rebounding teams, with the squads averaging and 34.3 and 32.2 rebounds per game, respectively.
- When Providence earns the rebounding advantage they are 4-0 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Butler is 0-2.
- The Friars collect 11.1 offensive rebounds per game, more than the Bulldogs by 3.1 rebounds per game.
- The Friars are 3-0 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Bulldogs are 0-1 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Both teams tend to win the rebounding battle. The Friars record an average rebounding margin of +1.4 rebounds per game, and the Bulldogs average a margin of +2.2 rebounds.