The Belmont Bruins (4-0) are heavy, 11.5-point favorites as they look to build on a four-game win streak when they host the Samford Bulldogs (1-1) on Saturday, December 5, 2020 at Curb Event Center. The game airs at 5:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 74.5 points.
Belmont vs Samford Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- The Bruins rebounds and assists leader is Grayson Murphy. He pulls down 11.3 rebounds and adds 5.7 assists per game.
- Luke Smith paces Belmont with 18.0 points per game.
- The 3.0 three-pointers Smith makes per game are a team-high mark for the Bruins.
- The Bruins steals leader is Smith, who collects 3.3 per game. Nick Muszynski leads the team averaging 1.7 blocks a contest.
- Jalen Dupree was solid last season with 11.1 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Richardson Maitre notched 2.4 assists per game.
- Maitre had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He hit 1.5 shots from deep per game.
- Maitre averaged 1.2 steals per game. Dupree collected 1.0 block a game.
Belmont vs Samford: Last Meeting
Belmont vs Samford (Last 1 Games)
- Last season, the Bruins averaged only 2.6 fewer points per contest (79.6) than the Bulldogs allowed (82.2).
- Belmont went 8-0 against the spread and 12-0 overall last season when scoring more than 82.2 points.
- When Samford allowed more than 79.6 points last season, it went 2-14 against the spread and 1-18 overall.
- The Bulldogs' 74.2 points per game last year were 6.6 more points than the 67.6 the Bruins gave up.
- Samford put together a 7-0 ATS record and a 10-13 overall record last season in games it scored more than 67.6 points.
- Belmont finished 2-8 against the spread and 6-6 overall when it gave up more than 74.2 points last season.
- The Bruins totaled 395 more points than their opponents last season (12 per game on average), while the Bulldogs were out-scored by 263 total points (eight per game average differential).
- The Bruins and the Bulldogs hauled in rebounds at approximately the same rate last season (34.4 and 33.7 boards per game, respectively).
- When Belmont earned the rebounding advantage they were 8-4 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Samford was 3-13-1.
- The Bruins averaged 7.5 offensive rebounds per game, -1.7 rebounds less than the Bulldogs.
- When the Bulldogs grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 2-5-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Bruins were 9-9.
- Belmont found regular success on the boards with an average rebounding margin of +0.5 rebounds per game, and Samford struggled in comparison averaging a margin of -2.2.