The Ball State Cardinals (3-3) hit the road in MAC action against the Western Michigan Broncos (2-4) on Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at 2:00 PM ET. The Cardinals are 5.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup's point total is set at 133.
Ball State vs Western Michigan Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Ball State and Western Michigan
Ball State and Western Michigan Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Ball State Leaders
- The Cardinals scoring leader is K.J. Walton, who contributes 19.0 points per game.
- Ball State is led in rebounding by Miryne Thomas' 5.8 rebounds per game and assisting by Ishmael El-Amin's 3.5 assists per game .
- El-Amin makes 2.0 threes per game to lead the Cardinals.
- El-Amin leads the team with 1.8 steals per game. Blake Huggins collects 0.8 blocks a game to pace Ball State.
Western Michigan Leaders
- The Broncos go-to guy, B. Artis White, leads the team in both scoring (14.5 points per game) and assists (3.2 assists per game).
- The Broncos leading rebounder is Titus Wright with 7.3 per game. He also scores 11.0 points per game.
- Artis White is tops from three-point range for the Broncos, hitting 2.3 threes per game.
- Jaylon Holmes is tops on Western Michigan in both steals (0.8) and blocks (0.8) per game.
Ball State vs Western Michigan: Last 4 Meetings
The Cardinals have a 3-1 record in the last four matchups against the Broncos. The Broncos have beat the spread more often than not against the Cardinals, holding a 1-0-1 record ATS in those head-to-head meetings.
Ball State vs Western Michigan (Last 4 Games)
- The Cardinals score 6.4 more points per game (70.7) than the Broncos allow (64.3).
- When Ball State scores more than 64.3 points, it is 3-2 overall and 3-0 against the spread.
- Western Michigan has a 0-1 record against the spread and a 0-2 record overall in games when it gives up more than 70.7 points.
- The Broncos score 7.7 fewer points per game (63.5) than the Cardinals allow their opponents to score (71.2).
- Western Michigan has put together a 0-0 ATS record and a 1-0 overall record in games it scores more than 71.2 points.
- Ball State is 3-3 against the spread and 3-3 overall when it allows more than 63.5 points.
- The Cardinals have a -3-point scoring differential on the season (-0.5 per game). The Broncos have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-5 total points, -0.8 per game).
- The Cardinals and the Broncos are evenly matched on the glass this season, with the teams averaging similar numbers (36.3 and 35.5 boards per game, respectively).
- The Cardinals are 2-0 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Broncos are 0-1 when they lose the battle on the glass.
- The Cardinals average 10.5 offensive boards per game, outgaining the Broncos by 1.8 rebounds per contest.
- The Cardinals are 2-0 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Broncos are 1-0 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Rebounding margin is a weakness for Ball State with a mark of -3.2 rebounds per game. Western Michigan routinely has an advantage on the boards, averaging a margin of +1.3.