The Georgia Southern Eagles (6-2) will try to extend a three-game winning streak when they hit the road to take on the Appalachian State Mountaineers (6-3) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Holmes Convocation Center as only 1.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 4:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 131.5 in the matchup.
Appalachian State vs Georgia Southern Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Appalachian State and Georgia Southern
Appalachian State and Georgia Southern Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Appalachian State Leaders
- The Mountaineers scoring leader is Adrian Delph, who contributes 11.6 points per game.
- Michael Almonacy leads Appalachian State with 2.6 assists a game and Donovan Gregory paces the squad with 4.9 rebounds per outing.
- Delph averages 2.1 made threes per game to lead the Mountaineers.
- Justin Forrest leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. James Lewis collects 1.0 block a game to pace Appalachian State.
Georgia Southern Leaders
- The Eagles leader in scoring is Zack Bryant with 14.4 points per game. He also adds 2.3 rebounds per game and 2.4 assists per game.
- The Georgia Southern leaders in rebounds and assists are Prince Toyambi (6.3 rebounds per game) and Eric Boone (2.8 assists per game).
- Boone hits a team-high 1.3 three-pointers per game for the Eagles.
- Boone is at the top of Georgia Southern's steals hierarchy with 2.4 steals per game and Bryant leads the squad in blocks with 1.0 per game.
Appalachian State vs Georgia Southern: Last 3 Meetings
Appalachian State has a 2-1 record in the last three games against Georgia Southern. In those matchups with the Eagles, the Mountaineers have a 2-0 record against the spread.
Appalachian State vs Georgia Southern (Last 3 Games)
Betting on the Over/Under
In four of its nine games this season (44.4%), Appalachian State and its opponents have gone over the current over/under of 131.5.
In 75% of Georgia Southern games this season (6/8), the total points scored was greater than Saturday's total of 131.5.
Saturday's over/under is 28.2 points lower than the two team's combined 159.7 points per game average.
This contest's total is 7.8 points greater than the 123.7 these two squads combine to allow per game this season.
Mountaineers games have an average total of 129.9 points this season, 1.6 fewer than Saturday's over/under.
In 2020-21, games involving the Eagles have averaged a total of 153.5 points, 22.0 more than the set total in this contest.