The Georgia Southern Eagles (6-2) will attempt to build on a three-game win streak when they hit the road to take on the Appalachian State Mountaineers (6-3) on Friday, January 8, 2021 at Holmes Convocation Center as just 2-point underdogs. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 131.5 points.
Appalachian State vs Georgia Southern Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Appalachian State and Georgia Southern
Appalachian State and Georgia Southern Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 2+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Appalachian State Leaders
- Adrian Delph leads the Mountaineers scoring 11.8 points per game.
- The squad is led in rebounding by Donovan Gregory's 4.8 rebounds per game and assisting by Michael Almonacy's 2.8 assists per game .
- Delph leads the Mountaineers with a team-high 2.2 made three-pointers per game.
- Justin Forrest leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. James Lewis collects 0.9 blocks a contest to pace Appalachian State.
Georgia Southern Leaders
- The Eagles leader in scoring is Zack Bryant with 15.1 points per game. He also adds 2.3 rebounds per game and 2.6 assists per game.
- The Georgia Southern leaders in rebounds and assists are Prince Toyambi (5.8 rebounds per game) and Eric Boone (2.8 assists per game).
- The 1.3 three-pointers Boone hits per game are a team-high mark for the Eagles.
- Nobody on Georgia Southern grabs more steals than Boone (2.5 per game) or blocks more shots than Bryant (1.0 per game).
Appalachian State vs Georgia Southern: Last 3 Meetings
The Mountaineers have a 2-1 record in the last three matchups with the Eagles. In those matchups with the Eagles, the Mountaineers have a 2-0 record against the spread.
Appalachian State vs Georgia Southern (Last 3 Games)
Betting on the Over/Under
Appalachian State has combined with its opponents to score over Friday's total, 131.5, in 44.4% of its nine games this season.
Six Georgia Southern games this season featured a total above Friday's set total of 131.5 (75%).
Friday's total is 28.2 points lower than the two team's combined 159.7 points per game average.
The 123.7 combined points per game that these two squads have allowed this season are 7.8 fewer than the 131.5 total in this contest.
The Mountaineers and their opponents score an average of 129.9 points per game, 1.6 fewer than Friday's total.
The 131.5-point over/under for this game is 22.0 points below the 153.5 points per game average total in Eagles games this season.