MAC opponents square off when the Akron Zips (2-2) visit the Northern Illinois Huskies (1-6) at NIU Convocation Center, starting at 3:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 12, 2021. The Zips are 9-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 131.5.
Akron vs Northern Illinois Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Akron and Northern Illinois
Akron and Northern Illinois Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 9+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Loren Cristian Jackson leads the Zips in scoring (22.8 points per game) and assisting (7.0 assists per game).
- Akron is led in rebounds by Enrique Freeman's 8.5 per game.
- Jackson averages 3.7 made threes per game to lead the Zips.
- Akron's blocks leader is Freeman, who averages 1.5 per game. Jackson leads the team averaging 0.8 steals a game.
Northern Illinois Leaders
- Tyler Cochran holds the top Huskies spot in two categories: scoring (13.8 points per game) and rebounding (7.4 rebounds per game).
- The Huskies assist leader is Kaleb Thornton with 2.4 assists per game.
- Trendon Hankerson leads the Huskies with a team-high 1.9 made three-pointers per game.
- Northern Illinois' Cochran has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 1.8 per game and Zool Kueth is first in blocks with 0.7 per game.
Akron vs Northern Illinois: Last 3 Meetings
The Zips have a 2-1 record in the last three games with the Huskies. The Zips have beat the spread more often than not against the Huskies, holding a 1-0 record ATS in those head-to-head matchups.
Akron vs Northern Illinois (Last 3 Games)
Betting on the Over/Under
Akron has combined with its opponents to score over Tuesday's total, 131.5, in 75% of its four games this season.
In three of seven (42.9%) Northern Illinois games this season, the total points scored surpassed Tuesday's 131.5 over/under.
Tuesday's over/under is 9.0 points lower than the two team's combined 140.5 points per game average.
This contest's total is 16.1 points fewer than the 147.6 these two squads combine to give up per game in 2020-21.
Zips games this season feature an average total of 151.8 points, a number 20.3 points higher than Tuesday's over/under.
In 2020-21, games involving the Huskies have averaged a total of 136.3 points, 4.8 more than the set total in this contest.