Here's a breakdown of the 10 teams playing on Christmas Day this season and how
they've performed in games played on Dec. 25 since 1990:
- Boston Celtics: 2-5 SU and 3-4 ATS and 3-4 O/U
1-4 UNDER last five games
- Chicago Bulls: 10-2 SU and 8-4 ATS and 3-8-1 O/U
Trending: 1-6-1 UNDER last eight games
- Cleveland Cavaliers: 3-3 SU and 3-3 ATS and 1-5 O/U
0-5 UNDER last five games
- Golden State Warriors: 3-2 SU and 1-4 ATS and 2-3 O/U
Trending: 0-4 ATS last four games
- Los Angeles Clippers: 4-4 SU and 4-4 ATS and 3-5 O/U
4-1 ATS last five games
- Los Angeles Lakers: 7-12 SU and 11-7-1 ATS and 5-12-2 O/U
0-7-1 UNDER last eight games
- Minnesota Timberwolves: 0-0 SU and 0-0 ATS and 0-0 O/U
First-ever Christmas day appearance this season
- New York Knicks: 3-7 SU and 2-8 ATS and 6-4 O/U
0-4 ATS last four games
- Oklahoma City Thunder: 4-4 SU and 4-4 ATS and 3-5 O/U
4-2 ATS last six games
- San Antonio Spurs: 3-5 SU and 3-4-1 ATS and 2-6 O/U
0-3 SUATS last three games
AND THE STOCKINGS WERE STUFFED...
Most recent noteworthy trends wrapped inside each Christmas Day game...
- Boston vs. New York: Celtics 7-1 SU and 5-3 ATS last eight games in this
series / 1-7 SU and 2-6 ATS following Oklahoma City... Knicks 3-0 SUATS last
three games on Sundays / 1-9 UNDER last ten home games on Sundays... 5 of the
last 6 games in this series have played UNDER the total.
• Golden State vs. Cleveland: Cavaliers 8-1 SU last nine games on
Sundays / 5-2 SU but 2-5 ATS vs. non-conference foes this season... Warriors
16-8 SU last twenty-four games in this series / 0-4 ATS last four games on
Sundays / 3-9 ATS before the Raptors.
• Chicago vs. San Antonio: Bulls 5-1 SU last six games on Sundays
/ 10-3 SU before the Pacers... Spurs host 4-1 ATS last five games in this
series / 0-4 UNDER last four games on Sundays.
• Minnesota vs. Oklahoma City: Timberwolves 4-1 SU and 5-0 ATS
following the Kings / 0-3 SUATS vs. division opponents this season / 4-25 SU
last twenty-nine games in this series... Thunder 0-3 ATS Sundays vs. division
foes / 4-8 ATS before the Heat.
• LA Clippers vs. LA Lakers: Clippers 14-1 SU in this series,
including 10-0 the last ten / 0-3 SUATS last three games on Sundays / 1-5 ATS
following the Mavericks ... Lakers 3-25 SU and 6-21-1 ATS vs. .400 or greater
foes on Sundays / 2-13 SU before the Jazz.
Christmas Day has not been a gifting experience for NBA's defending champions.
That's confirmed by their lousy 6-9 SU and 4-101 ATS overall mark since 1999,
including 2-6 SU and 1-6-1 ATS vs. quality foes with a win percentage of .700
The Cavaliers will look to add to that number when they host the revenge-minded
Warriors at the 'Q' this Sunday.
UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE...
Non-conference games certainly bring the best defensive effort out in teams on
Of the 22 non-conference clashes played on Dec. 25 since 1991 involving Eastern
and Western Conference foes, as these matchups have gone 4-17-1 UNDER.
Watch the intensity in the Bulls-Spurs and the Cavs-Warriors games
THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON
Christmas Day underdogs with a win percentage of .740 or more (see the Warriors
- check the line) are 1-8 SU and ATS.
For more of Marc Lawrence click here.